Oct 23, 2007

Devotions & Reflections for Tuesday...October 23, 2007


It's amazing how sometimes I can read God's word and I'm going to be honest, I can't see how that passage when reading my devotions applies to me for that day or my understanding of the reading I have to scratch my head and say, "huh?" But you keep reading God's word, keep obeying the teachings of Christ Jesus and early morning morning it hits me like a ton of bricks and I say, "ahh...okay, so that what that means."

This is the only book that sometimes you get the meaning of the passages and sometimes you do not but by asking God for wisdom, insight, directions He will bring understanding of His word your way.

Yesterday was really that time because all day my wife and I ran around because of issues that was going on in reference to my pharmacy license and one by one we say how God was stepping in when we could not do anything more about the situation. We both witnessed that when being persistant, standing on God's word, working as a team, not taking "no" for an answer most times(my wife is great with that...it irks me sometimes but she is who she and I love her for that), not losing your cool and staying joyful and thanking Christ Jesus in the good and bad results came our way.

So this morning, these two devotions from Our Daily Bread and In Touch were those two for me where by going through my valley I can say, "ahh...okay,I get it". This is also what makes our testimony stronger as well, and again let me stress, the results did come from us just sitting on our behinds and just praying because with God's word prayer should always be followed by the action He tells us to perform and many times we as Christians pray to Him and will not act. I learned a deeper meaning of the would "wait". It does not mean I sit around and "wait" for God to come through. I do what I need to do, still in motion while God puts everything in place so when about time I come to a certain place of action in a situation it has already been done.

We as Christians have to keep in mind we are in covenant with God, He's not our "Genie in a bottle". The work is still not over with my license but it will be soon and no matter how it's going on the surface as long as I am keeping to God's word, He will not forsake me, that is His promise and when I have truly given it over to Him 100% every time and just do what I need to do, He has never let me down.


My God is an awesome God.

Be Blessed, Be Safe &
Have a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment