Sep 16, 2007

Devotion and Reflections for Today

Kathy Griffin, guess what, I agree with you...

Ms. Kathy Griffin, guess what? You hit the nail on the head with your comment. One thing I can say about most comedians they are truth tellers. Here is the comment she said at the Emmys...

"A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus," an exultant Griffin said, holding up her statuette. "Suck it, Jesus. This award is my god now."

She told the truth about herself, to Hollywood actors and actresses, the Emmy, the Grammy statuette is their God, their Jesus.


Many Hollywood actors and actresses will do anything to achieve this award.

Many actresses that were attractive BEFORE arriving in Hollywood, have plastic surgery they do not need, take Botox to keep winkles from appearing. (Meg Ryan, Kathy Griffin, Marlo Thomas, Farrah Fawcett, Jennifer Grey all have went under the knife), the list is endless.

whats more offensive is the fact that rock stars, rap artists who demean women, use profanity to no end, live a reckless life get up on stages and say, "I want to thank God for this award." Which God? that little statue in their hand?

Should she have said what she said? In my opinion no. Does this surprise me? No.

Many of my fellow Christians fell to realize that Kathy and many other people are worldly and they worship worldly things. They want to be accepted by the masses, in their eyes when you which a certain age, when the camera begins to see wrinkles on their faces, in many entertainers' mind their life is coming to an end.

Many movies that were on the big screen that comes to television, they can damn God's name but they will bleep out other words of profanity. Even in prime time shows now they can damn God's name and nothing is said.

As with Kathy am I learning to voice my opinion when someone uses God name in vain but many of my Christian brothers and sisters do far worse with their actions. In the devotion from In Touch Paul chastises the older Christians for not watching their actions in front of "baby" Christians. I love my brothers and sisters in Christ but if we focus on our homes more and be an strong example for our children and our children friends, to love and treat one another the way God love us, to speak up when we see something wrong and not just turn the other way many times our voice would be much stronger in the world.

It's a shame that worldly entertainers that cohabit with one another can take on the cause of genocide in other parts of the world or come to the aid of the homeless here in our own country before we "Christians" pick up the cause. We're still segregated in many churches but we say we are "one". We rally against gay marriages and not really address the issue of teenage pregnancy, sex outside of marriage, living together before marriage. Over 50% of "Christian" marriages end in divorce... Is it a wonder why people in Hollywood or in the music industry do not take us (Christians) seriously?

I do not condone what Ms. Griffin said because I know what Christ Jesus has done for me, how my life far better than before, how He gives me strength to get through some hectic days and not lash out at the world but why does this come as surprise, she is not a Follower of Jesus Christ and for the most part look at where she lives, the business she is in...Hollywood. A place that will kick you to the curb at drop of a hat.

I'm learning to do what my Lord and savior tells me to do, pray for the lost because we have seen this time and time again in Hollywood where we think an entertainer, a Hollywood star has the world in their hands only to take their own life and leave this precious world.

Kathy you are right, that is your Jesus, that is your God.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, and have a Wonderful day.

Praying for Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Peace Loving

"Father God, help my children make every effort to do what leads to peace."

Romans 14:19

No comments:

Post a Comment