Dec 18, 2006

Devotion and Reflection for Monday


Jesus' Offering of Peace>>>more
devotion from In Touch Ministries


"What gives you peace?"
That is the question asked from the devotion today from Dr. Charles Stanley. Although I am still a baby Christian I seek His true meaning of peace each and everyday. By keeping my faith in Him instead of my surrounding, by talking and listening to Him each and everyday I try and maintain my faith in His word because I have not been let down by God yet. I know they will be times when it feels that nothing is going the way I wish for them to go or that my entire world is crumbling around me, that is when I have to realize that through the blood of Christ Jesus I am protected and that what I am going through is to grow me stronger in God, pull me closer to God so that my walk with Him is so ever close.

I am learning that when you put your trust for peace in the world it will throw you a curve time and time again. I am learning how to "be in the world" but "not of the world" each and every day. Learning to ask God for clarity, direction, to have Him be my guide makes my peace with people, situations that crop up much more stable, I can deal with this in a calmer manner because I'm being taught to be proactive instead of reactive.

When reading this devotion there is always a Bible passage Dr. Stanley suggest to read. One thing I have learned over time with my short walk with God is that when one translation you do not understand, read another to reach your heart, your spirit and the New Living Translation did that for me this morning.

My prayer for you this morning is that you find true peace in His word because in doing this He may not remove your trials that you go through day in/day out but knowing that by trusting in Him, instead of having your day direct your life, God will give you the knowledge, wisdom to learn from today and the days that follow...to appreciate the good and the bad.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, & Have a Wonderful Monday.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Perseverance

"Lord, teach my children to persevere in all they do, and help them run with perseverance the race set before them."

Hebrews 12:1

other devotions for your spirit:
The Greatest Gift
Morning Corruption

messages from OnePlace.com
The Way to Heaven – Part 1
Life Lessons From The Christmas Story - Part 2
The Man Who Tried to Stop Christmas

"Spouting off before listening to the facts
is both shameful and foolish."
~proverbs 18:13

{read Proverbs Chapter 18 for wisdom for today}

No comments:

Post a Comment