Dec 11, 2010

Great Message To Check out at least Once a Day - Follow Up

This past week I've listened to the on-time message by Dr. Charles Stanley in regards to dealing with procrastination. I'm not going to lie, this has hindered me in so many ways. I love to write but have been to afraid and lazy in that regard. This past year has been really an rollercoaster ride for me in my personal life and I'm realizing I'm not getting any younger so it's time for me to shoot for my dreams because one thing I have realized with this economy, with how The Right has no empathy nor sympathy for the working class it's time for me to get my butt in gear.

I wrote down notes that may help you (I wrote this in the first person so it can jump out at me and I will read this for myself every day) as well as listen to the message every day. One thing I've realized is that in order for change to come you have to listen, read, and put into action every day. I've also come to realize that just because I don't get it the "first time" it doesn't mean I'm stupid, that I'm slow. I remember hearing Zig Ziglar say when listening to messages, great audio books you have to listen to it consistently and this is what I'm going to do and I want my Twitter/Facebook peeps to hold me accountable.

Hope these little notes help you and I will let you know how I'm progressing and how the process is going in my life.

Be Blessed,

DarrenKeith3


My Notes for Dr. Charles Stanley's "Putting off Procrastination" 

-Putting Off Procrastination



Acts 24:24-27

"24But some days later Felix arrived with Drusilla, his wife who was a Jewess, and sent for Paul and heard him speak about faith in Christ Jesus.

 25But as he was discussing righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix became frightened and said, "Go away for the present, and when I find time I will summon you."

 26At the same time too, he was hoping that money would be given him by Paul; therefore he also used to send for him quite often and converse with him.

 27But after two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, and wishing to do the Jews a favor, Felix left Paul imprisoned."
[biblegateway.com...http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts%2024&version=NASB...NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE]

Another Verse by Paul to Study

Acts 26:20
"but kept declaring both to those of Damascus first, and also at Jerusalem and then throughout all the region of Judea, and even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance."[biblegateway.com...http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Act%2026:20&version=NASB...NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE]

Paul was discussing three things with Felix in order for him to become saved, Righteousness, Self-Control, and the judgment to come(by God)

*Procrastination is a form of bondage.*

-Consequences of Procrastination-
  • Many important tasks undone
  • Many relationships left hanging
  • Many crucial decisions hanging
  • Frustrations we cause myself and others
  • I foul up schedules
1) Sometimes God only sends opportunities one time but because of fear of change and challenges

2) When I procrastinate I disobey God
     -I deprives God of the vessels through whom he wish to accomplish certain task.
      (I hinder God's whole plan)
     -I become a stumbling block to people when I procrastinate.

3) There is a sense of guilt{I increase my own stress level}

Why Do I put these decisions off, why I procrastinate...
-Self doubt
-Discomfort dodging
-I don't want to face myself
-Look at ourselves
-Admit that I feel inadequate

When I do this(procrastinate) my spiritual growth winds down and then I wonder why my Father doesn't use me and why I don't have the joy, peace in my life. How come God is not doing something fantastic in my life

No matter what I tell God, procrastination is an act of disobedience, rebellion against Him.

I'm I willing to deal with myself

I don't have to worry about being adequate because when I allow Christ Jesus to live within me he makes me adequate...everyone is inadequate.

How Do I Deal With This {Procrastination}

-I most admit I have a problem with procrastination
-I need to identify my area of procrastination
-Identify the feelings that go along with it when I procrastinate

-I put it in the spiritual realm...

"Lord, I confess to you that I have a problem with procrastination in this area of ___________, I choose by faith to repent of this form of bondage, spiritual bondage in my life that's keeping from being the type of person you want me to be, fulfilling your goals and your purposes and your plans, living by your schedule, living in your will, walking in your spirit"

I'm not going to walk in the spirit of God, fulfill the will of God, the purpose of God, the plan of God as a procrastinator. There needs to be genuine repentance in regards to procrastination in my life.

I make a commitment to deal with that area of procrastination in my life right then and there.

What step do I go from there to get the victory of procrastination in my life?

1) I recall who I am as a child of God.
-Christ Jesus is living on the inside of me
-The Holy Spirit is living is within me
-The power of the spirit of God is within me

2) Reaffirm who God says who He in me.
-He's my Savior
-He's my Lord


This has a lot to do and part of the answer to the part of inadequacy, that I may be able to do this right, it answers who I am and who I have within me, the Holy Spirit, and has chosen to live within and He has made me adequate to handle in challenge, circumstance that comes into my life.

My feelings is no longer going to dominate my life. What's going to dominate my life is the truth of what God says who He is in me.

Think about when I first gave my life to Christ Jesus. I put aside my feelings and began walking in faith in regards to my eternal soul being saved for eternity. ---> read the book of Colossians

If I begin living by faith, my life of procrastination is over with but if I continue to live by my feelings I'm going to continue to be a procrastinator.

It all boils down to this...Do I believe who my Father says who I am or will I continue to believe the Devil in regards to who I am?

I need to put my focus on the living Christ instead of my feelings...period. Think about it, 
  • When I feel inadequate...has to do with my feelings
  • Discomfort dodging...has to do with my feelings
  • Fear of failing...has to do with my feelings
  • Fear of rejection...has to do with my feelings
  • Self doubt...has to do with my feelings
 **My prayer and commitment in regards to procrastination**...

"Lord Jesus, from this moment on, I chose to respond to challenges of my life by FAITH, based on who you are in me, Who I am in YOU, and I am absolutely adequate to face anything that life throws at me because the same Apostle Paul who said, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' I have the same, living, supernatural Holy Spirit abiding within me, free within me, liberated within me that the Apostle Paul had and therefore I know that I can do this, I can get it done on time and I choose to do it, I choose to lay down my feelings, I choose to put off procrastination, I choose to walk by faith"

I have to begin believing the truth about what God can do through me and stop believing the lie of my feelings.

I must identify the feelings in regards to my challenge when I faced with this issue say this,

"Lord Jesus, I choose to live by faith, I choose to operate on the basis on what you say and who say I am and who you are in me and I thank you and I attack this problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment