May 8, 2009

Reflections for Friday 08May09


Inspired by Today's Devotion from Our Daily Bread
Bible Passage[2 Kings 5:1-15 (New Living Translation)]

Sometimes I forget that many times to accomplishing big goals is to take small step, one day at a time. I was reminded of this when I woke up this morning to find our kitchen sink full to the brim with water because I forget to turn the water faucet off all the way. I'm so thankful that we have a double sink and it did not overflow onto the floor but to hear that constant "drip, drip, drip" sound and to think that in a matter of 4-5 hours the entire sink was full of water.

That is how we should accomplish many positive things in life, take small steps but be consist ant. It's amazing how my Heavenly Father can take a bad experience for me and have me flip it for my good. I have been saying for about a month now, "I have to start walking, I have to start doing push-up, ab work but allow myself to talk myself out of it because I am wanting results NOW. I remember what a good friend told me years ago, "The same way you get yourself out of a hole is the same way you get out of it...one shovel at a time.

The devotion I read for this morning ties into this because with the bad thing that happened with the overflowing sink when at first I thought was "Thank goodness the water did not damage our floor" to "Ah! This is how I should read God's word...This is how I should pray...this is how I should look and act toward my goals!" Those 'one drips at a time' translates for me, 'One day at a time' or 'One step at a time'.

Isn't life's experiences something?

Be Blessed, Be Safe,
Have a WONDERFUL Friday/Weekend.

~DarrenKeith

Messages to listen to and download...

Dr. Charles Stanley
An Inspiring Example of a Godly Mother[from In Touch Ministries]

Pastor Paul Sheppard
Conclusion of: Storm Proof Your Life -- Part 2[from Enduring Truth]

photo:InterfaceLIFE.com

No comments:

Post a Comment