Jan 10, 2008

reflection & tech nuggets for Thursday


Apology Hotline>>>more
devotion from rbc ministries

At first reading this devotion a subtle sense of pride creped in whispering in my ear, "this doesn't apply to you DarrenKeith...move to another devotion to reflect on" but it does apply to me if not right now at this moment but it has happened to me. It's amazing how Christ Jesus know what we need whether we want to hear it or not. I can honestly say the more I read the Sermon on the Mount how true his teachings are right on point.

It has been time where I have wronged my wife and no matter how I try and read God's word, pray to God the Holy Spirit tells me, "you know you can't be open with your Father...you have some unfinished business to take care of so go do it." And that usually means to get up, go in there and sincerely ask for my wife forgiveness. It's amazing when doing that how a HUGE weight is lifted off my shoulder. And even if it may not receive a "I forgive you" at that moment, knowing I went out of my way to get forgiveness, I have done the best that I can.

I am learning each day that to forgive and to be ask to be forgiven is also good for me health wise because it allows me to move with my life, with my work, to focus clearly on God and myself. I am learning that when you allow a unforgiven heart to settle in your life, to hold on to those feelings that in the end it truly only effects you and not the party that has wrong you. I remember reciting this part of the Lord's Prayer(Matthew 6:9–13)

"And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us"

I have to be honest, I never really focus on that passage until I became older and really paid attention to it. I'm asking my Heavenly Father to forgive ME of my mistakes, MY wrong doings as I forgive people who has wrong me and what is going on when asking God this...

"Don't hold anything against me Lord of anything I have done wrong and I will not hold anything against the person who did me wrong and if I can't forgive them then do not forgive me."

When we hold grudges against people or if we are not man or woman enough to acknowledge our wrong doing it's like God presses the "pause" button on our lives until we get that matter straighten out. So the next time you pray the Lord's Prayer keep that in mind. I know I will.

Be Blessed, Be Safe,
& Have a Wonderful Thursday

My tech Story Picks for today:


My Audio Picks for Thursday:
Kingdom First Living Vol. 1, -- Part 4
(Enduring Truth)

Is the End of the World Near?
(Harvest.org)

Leo Laporte - The Tech Guy 416
(TWiT)


*check out wikipidea's passage on the Lord's Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment