Jul 5, 2007

Devotion & Reflections for Today


I have always heard many pastors say this and now it rings true for me...

"If you are too busy to read God's word, you're too busy"
I have to admit I have been slipping in that department and I know better. I say this because getting up every morning and getting into God's word, talking and listening to him really helps me cope with day, lets me know what's truly important and not to sweat the small stuff. Talking to God for me truly is like talking and listening to my best friend because He does not lie to me, He tells me what I NEED to hear, not what I want to hear. Today's devotion I needed badly.

W
e hear all the time that people need "sound" around them all time whether it's music, the television but we need to add busyness as well. Sometimes getting alone in the house, taking a walking in your neighborhood, turning off the radio in the car while driving to work and just listening to God is one of the best things to do. I find myself more and more having no radio in the car while driving to work is very cool. I am alone with my thoughts, it gives me time to ask important questions to God and to myself and to be honest when you work in an office setting with people talking around you and you have to talk on the phone from time to time that "quiet time" before and after work truly helps me get through the day.

T
ry it today, only if it is for 15 minutes, you may be surprised to find out a lot about yourself.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, and Have a Great Day.


"There are six things the Lord hates—
no, seven things he detests:
haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that kill the innocent,
a heart that plots evil,
feet that race to do wrong,
a false witness who pours out lies,
a person who sows discord in a family."

~proverbs 6:16-19

No comments:

Post a Comment