Jul 12, 2007

Devotion & Reflection for Today


This past week I have heard wonderful messages from Pastor Greg Laurie (via podcasts) and this devotion on covetousness and I have to admit about myself, I do from time to time get wrapped up in my "things". I get into that, "I really need this or that" and sometimes forget to be thankful for what I have in front of me. My systems are showing their age but they are getting the job done because some people do not have a computer. I get into the habit sometimes whining about my gadgets and forget that at least I have gadgets. As the devotion points out and the past messages I have heard from Pastor Laurie, they is nothing wrong with wanting things we enjoy, wanting a nice career, just put them in their place.

We complain about our computer, thank God we have fingers to type (or keyboarding as they call it now, schools are no longing calling typing, "typing"...whatever that's about) and I'm blessed to have wireless internet at that so I can type...I mean "keyboard" from any room in our home (okay, now I'm feeling like a jerk for complaining about my "old" machines). We complain about wanting another cell phone(my hand is going up on this "gripe") thank God I was able to have a cell phone and not have one at all, have you seen the prices of pay phones now? Yikes!!! I'm a gadget person, I'm not going to lie to you but I have to remember that without God I would not have any of my possessions. I want to honor God the best way I know how and that is why I have a ga-zillion blogs because I know He wants me to share His word, and my "little" knowledge on some tech information.

Later this weekend I will share how just having a choice of "quietness" is a blessing at work and I think at times that is what our heavenly Father wants from us, to strive for what He has put inside of us (we all have gifts from God) but to be grateful for what we have and to remember who has given us the know-how on striving for the dreams He has placed in each and everyone of His children.

I have to remind myself everyday that beginning my day with Him gives me peace, joy, and wisdom everyday.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, and have a Wonderful Thursday.

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates correction is stupid."

~proverbs 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment