Jul 4, 2007

Devotion & Reflection for Today


Celebrate Freedom...click here to read devotion
devotion from RBC Ministries

It's amazing when I really set back and realize how truly "free" I am. Knowing how God has truly liberated me from not only sin but has also taking away from the worry of what will happen to me once I die (yes...we all are going to leave this earth one day). I'm not being morbid at all, it's the truth. Not only does it take that worry away and believe me that is a HUGE worry but to be free to be me. For me being a Follower of Christ Jesus he lets me know that there will be trials I will have to face, people that will despise me just for mentioning His name but through it all I can still have a wonderful life.

Yesterday I was writing down the things that bring joy everyday and from reading the above devotion for today I have to put "Freedom" at the top of that list. I have to admit being African American is kind of rough in this day and age but man do I love being me. By being Black I am truly free because it teaches me that know matter how successful I will become it still keeps me humble because people, businesses will try to remind you who you are. This at times makes me angry but for the most part it makes me stronger, wiser, cautious. We have it rough from both ends from time to time. Other African Americans label us as "trying to be White" when we strive to further our education, live in a decent neighborhood and White America (and I do have to stress some and not all because in my years on this earth...all 42 years) I have come across some pretty cool, nice Whites that like me for me. They do not act like race does not matter, they accept me for who I am not try to understand me because they could never walk in my shoes and likewise) still lump us all in one barrel.

*psst...tip for some of my Whites counterparts who don't like me "just because"(Iean over very closely...we ( hard working Blacks) hate poverty, crime as well. *


White America love our music, our lingo at times, our sense of style but for some reason hate us and this I have stop trying to figure out because I can not control how someone thinks about me, just let me do my own thing and stop trying to put barriers in my way because in the end I'm going to get around them and this only makes me stronger, smarter, wiser and it's only going to frustrate you (White America) more. Like I said earlier I feel more free than my White counterparts because I'm free to like who I want, to love who I want when I want. If you like me cool, if not...your loss not mine.


To me I have the ultimate freedom, being a Follower of Jesus Christ and being African American and the top bonus...I'm a geek. When I set at my desk at work and I get a little down I can just look out the window and get aspired to take photographs, pop in my earbuds and listen to my podcast, think about what gadget I want next or to help others whether in person or through my blogs with tech tips I have learned but most important, just to open the word of God, listen to the word of God (got the Bible on CDs), listen to powerful men who teach the word of God and it reminds me that some people are free but are still prisoners within their own thoughts, their own situations not realizing that happiness and joy are two different things. I have joy and for me that's the ultimate freedom on this day, July 4 and human can take that away from me.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, Be Thankful and have a Wonderful Day

"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom.
Though it cost all you have, get understanding."
~Proverbs 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment