Jul 14, 2007

Devotion & Reflections for Saturday


I have seen time and time again people say, "this is my life, don't tell me how to live it." People think they are in such control of their lives only to realize that time has passed them by and they can not get that time back. When you do not have direction in your life, no purpose you are a slave to time whether you realize it or not. The devotion for today, "What's In Your Hand?" lets us know that life is in our hands and being wise with your time is very important. For me it seems that when I begin my day talking and listening to God intimately and being obedient sometimes it seems He makes time stand still for me so I can accomplished more than I have planned for that day and if I don't get to everything I had on the list I'm not stressed out about it. It is when I do not make time for Him is when things seem so disarray.

This past week I read an awesome post about time. Some comments embrace time, some comments say they do not really worry about it. In all I believe that most were saying that you have to just be yourself and not let society dictate to you what to do with your life and that I do agree. For me time is my friend, I have come to realize that time is what you make of it. I have found that reading, meditating in God's word is a big boost for me. I have come to realize that I have put things into perspective, more reading, more time spent with the wifey, less time in front of the television (if I want to see a program, record it). Time management is a beautiful thing and for me if would not make any sense than to get wisdom from the master of Time Management Himself (I mean, He did create the world in 6 days, right?) I have found when being still and letting Him guide my day it makes the day so fulfilling. I have found that my life is in my hands but if someone is willing to help me out, to teach me a better way to live my life I am foolish not to take heed of that wisdom.

When my life is in my hands, some days are good, some are bad and I find myself on a rollercoster ride (this is where moodiness comes from..."sometimes ya up, sometimes ya down). But when I put my hands into God's hands, my days may be good or bad but I find joy, peace, and lessons every moment in the day and for me that is time well spent.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, and Have a Wonderful Weekend.


"A fool's talk brings a rod to his back,
but the lips of the wise protect them."
~proverbs 14:3

No comments:

Post a Comment