Apr 9, 2008

reflections for Wednesday o4.o9.o8


The Oyster Man>>>more
devotion from rbc ministries

Today's devotion and Bible passage speaks volume to my heart and spirit. It allows me to know that I do not need to be perfect in order to have Christ in my life or to share his Good News. Sometimes we a Followers of Christ get to a point where we begin to nit-pick others who has just giving their lives to Christ and forget sometimes where we were when we realized that we truly need God to help us in this fallen world.

It's so cool to know that of myself I may not be a scholar when it comes to words but God has given me other gifts when it comes to sharing His goodness, His love, His commandments for one's life. This does not mean I do not study His word, pray and have a close relationship with Him but this also means I do not look down upon others who's speak is not adequate or smooth flowing. Knowing God and sharing His word for me is to spread it the best I know how while continuing studying, meditating on His wonderful instructions for my life. Isn't it funny how Jesus Christ chose his disciples who not well known, well educated when it came to studying the scroll but had common sense work wise, street wise and did not go around saying that they were Christ but won people over by telling others how Christ Jesus changed their lives. I am learning every day that I am not perfect, never will be perfect. I can not speak for others when it comes to Jesus Christ but I can speak for myself when it comes to letting people where I was and where I am now because of knowing the Christ loved me when I was at my lowest.

This does not mean that all came to Christ when they were down and out. To many, I looked liked I had it "going on" so to speak, I did not smoke or drink, I gave up the night life long ago but in the inside I was and empty shell. Had mood swings because I truly did not love myself. I was lonely, I felt that I needed someone in my life to make me feel whole. I may not have ran the streets but I was still living outside the will of God by having sex outside of marriage, living with a woman. I thought I had the best of both worlds but every day more and more I was realizing it was a lie. Once I broke off that relationship, alone in my apartment, I cried out to Christ saying, "If I never find someone I am okay with that as well, I'm just tired of living this way." Those days were not easy but allowing God into my life each day made me realize that no person can make me feel whole the way his Son can.

Being a follower of Christ is not smooth living all the time because as passage says, "Satan is the God of this world[this is the cause by Adam & Eve...God gave us dominion over this earth and my forefather and mother gave it over to Satan in the garden and God can not violate His law once He has put it into place.] Being a Christians does not mean you have to be perfect in order to serve him. It takes work on our part every day and we will make mistakes and that's okay because when you are sincere about God, He knows at times we will "zig" when we are supposed to "zag". God's love us where we are but will not leave us where we are.

Be Blessed, Be Safe,
and have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Beginning today I will be linking this site and podcast whenever I post here...

MoneyLife article...
Impulsive and compulsive spending
MoneyLife podcast from today and yesterday

great message for today from In Touch Ministries
Things That Cannot Be Shaken

No comments:

Post a Comment