Apr 5, 2008

Reflections for Saturday o4.o5.2oo8


Words Of Life>>>more
devotion from rbc ministries

"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."
~John 6:68

For me that passage sums it all up for me every time I get discourage. After truly getting to know Christ Jesus on a daily basis, "where should I go?"I know life is not perfect, I know life is not fair, I know things will not always go my way but at the end of the day and at the end of my life, who else will be there for me?

The words of Jesus Christ is truly like a sword. He tells me about myself, what I need to improve myself, what I do and do not need in my life, what I need to hear, what I need to say because in the end, God may not leave me but he has given me the choice to life or death(spiritually wise). It's amazing how sometimes devotions just flow from one day to the next for me and then other times devotions and Bible passages and verses seem to have no mean for me at the time and then out of the blue when I think it doesn't apply to me it's there when I need it. As I read this devotion it reminded me what I have been going through all this week: allowing "too much of nothing" information wise filter my thoughts and how I have decided now to truly watch what I allow into my thought process.

Getting back to the point in my life where first thing in the morning I want to gravitate to God's word instead of hopping on the computer and see who has read my post or downloaded my podcast is a good thing for me. I know that without Him, I will worry of non-sense and in the end it will rob me of precious time with him, with my queen. Praying, getting on my knees when the Holy Spirit tells me to in the end only helps my walk with Christ Jesus because in the end having a peace of mind is ultimate gift. One thing I can say time and time again, Jesus holds no punches when it comes to telling you the cost when it came to giving my life over to him but that is a true friend...he tells me what I need to hear instead of what I want to hear. I can walk away from him if I wish in the end...

"Lord, to whom shall I go? You have the words of eternal life."

Be Blessed, Be Safe,
& Have a Wonderful Saturday/Sunday

Wisdom for this morning...
Thru the Bible Questions & Answers - Dr. J. Vernon McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment