Feb 17, 2008

Reflections for Sunday, Feb 17th 2oo8


Join The Choir>>>more
devotion from rbc ministries

This is a very "on point" devotion because it makes you realize that if you came to the Lord at a very young age you are truly blessed. Now allowing Jesus Christ into your heart at any age is a wonderful thing because you realize that what you thought you were missing out in the world you were not, who you thought were your friends really was not.

Sometimes coming to the Lord at a later age has benefits because sometime when you look "seasoned" people tend to respect what you say quicker than someone that is young; but let me tell you the reason for coming to the Lord at a young age.

First, you realize that what you to yourself and to others have consequences...you learn to respect authority at a very young age. It's amazing what I see when it comes to some young people. Last month I was taking pictures outside our apartment when three young children spotted me. They ran me down and ask me if took a picture of their sign they made on the frozen pond behind our apartment. When I went back and saw what it said, {F*** U}, I turned to them and said, "I can't take a picture of that". Young boy just shrugged his shoulders and went back to what he was doing like "oh well, your loss." As I told my beautiful wife about this she said some key points,

  1. He should have be ashamed to do participated in that activity in the first place.
  2. He should have been ashamed to even approach a grown person to begin with
  3. You should have said to him, "where do you live?"

Everything she said was on the money. I wasn't a saint growing up but there was some things you just did not do in front of adults whether if you were saved or not. You did not use profanity in front of grown-ups, you addressed them by "Mister, Misses, Ms." and "Ma'am" and "Sir"

Another plus of coming to the Lord at a very young age is you love yourself, you see that life is not fair, you develop patience, you always strive to do your best in everything you do and most important when you get older you will not have many, "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda" moments. What are those?

Those are past regrets. This is something that Satan uses on people, Christians and non-Christians alike. God has forgiving us of our sins when you accept Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior...no doubt about it. But every so often we allow our past to hold us prisoner every now and then in some area in our lives. I am guilty of this as well. I think about if I had listened about not having sex before marriage because I have had to many "close calls" worrying if I was going to become a parent (especially since I never wanted children, is that dumb or what...that is how children come about...through sex); if I had listened about not "shackin' up"...for me, I wasted so much time, money because living together is not the best of both worlds, it's the worst of both worlds. On one hand you are not married to that person but on the other hand you do not want to walk away and to be honest what's the ol' saying..."Why buy milk when you got the cow at home."

When coming to God early in life many times you save yourself a lot of headaches and most important you learn that God is not trying you stop from "having fun" he's trying to save you from "unnecessary heartache". We already live in a fallen world so why add unnecessary hurt to it in the process?

Be Blessed, Be Safe,
& Have a Wonderful Sunday

Spiritual Message for today
What Does It Look Like?[part 2]
{click to listen...right click to download}
In Touch Ministries

My Tech Picks for Sunday:
audio pick:
MacBreak Weekly 77: Fries Done
Hosts: Leo Laporte, Scott Bourne, Alex Lindsay, and Merlin Mann.

tech story:
Yahoo's Jerry Yang is no Bill Gates
Want iPhone Apps? Get Ready to Shop in iTunes
MacBook Pros running dry in the channel ahead of refreshes

My download pick:
Firefox 3 beta 3

No comments:

Post a Comment