Feb 16, 2008

I'm Trying To Hang In There With You Vista, But...


Listening to Windows Weekly with Paul Thurrott and Leo Laporte. I really enjoy the show but the more I am listening to episode 48 (which I have listened to episode 49) the more upset I am becoming. I understand what Paul is saying about not installing a Vista on a machine that is 4-5 years old, heck installing XP on a machine that's 4-5 years is not good because you have to consider your processor, do you have enough RAM or maybe the your computer can not handle more RAM (I have one machine that only goes up to 512MB and XP needs at least 1GB to run sweet and your processor should least be 1GHz) but for Paul to tell people to "get over it." is wrong.

First, I know this but many people do not know this but when you get a new computer with Vista people are not equipped sometimes to buy a new printer and sometimes a new EXternal Hard Drive, a new external dvd/cd burner. Not to mention people may have to buy a new office application...people do not have the income you have Paul.

Second, with the vague release for Vista Service Pack 1 for me that's not a good business. From what I'm seeing from Microsoft is like what must fast food restaurant attitude is "you'll get it when you get it." Microsoft sees that it was bad enough with the delay of Vista now SP1 may not be released to the public until this Summer. We would have thought that SP1 would have been released by now. I may be wrong but if you want to push people to Apple keep this up.

I have Vista and so far so good it's been good to me. I still have issues with Vista but I am dealing with it because I have other Windows machines but other people may not be as patient or many people may not have access to other machines. I like listening to you Paul because most of the time I totally agree with you when it comes to Windows but this time I cannot. People want to really give Vista a chance but with the constant delay from Microsoft it's hard to stick with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment