Feb 16, 2008

Giving Goowy Another Chance

About 3 years ago I heard about this web based site on Net@Night and I gave Goowy a shot. What I didn't know that it was a AJAX based site and if you have a older machine you may not want to use it. It's really just for show really but I liked it because of some of the cool things it could do. Well fast forward to today and I have decided to give it another chance.

I must warn you again if you do not have a nice processor and at least 2GB of RAM in your machine this will not flow as nice. It's not as stable like GMail but one thing I wish Gmail had is the ability to create different folders instead of placing stars for important emails. Goowy is cool really for the younger generation because of the "eye candy" and you can create different widgets for your desktop...it has a calender, you can create tabs, subscribe to rss feeds, it has a music player {which for some reason I have loaded a song on it and couldn't get it to work so I need to send a comment on that}. Overall it's pretty cool. With email you can create folders to keep your important emails in different areas. You get about 2GB of storage which compared to Yahoo Mail and Gmail is 'chump change' but I read that later they will be offering larger storage capacity later down the road so that may be cool and 2GB of storage is nothing to sneeze at...that's still a nice size.

What surprises me is that it's still around (well, AOL acquired them so that lets me know it may be around for a minute) give it chance see you like it.

*update[5:23pm]: I just did a re-install of flash player & shockwave player and now my music player is working fine with goowy.

No comments:

Post a Comment