Dec 8, 2009

08Dec2009 My Reflections from Todays Devotion



Today's Devotion: A Legacy Of Repentance
Today's Passage: Psalm 51
 The cool thing about Psalm 51 is that in the end King David put the blame on one person and one person alone...himself. I think this is solely needed in this day and age. When watching the news, talk shows, interviews I see time and time again how it's the "other" person's fault for their actions or it's the government fault or a business fault for their short comings. We have lost the sense of the term, "you made your bed now you have to lie in it. I love the terms now of calling drug addiction an "disease" or adultry "addicted to sex". We all fall short of the glory but to constantly place the blame, the actions of ourselves on others is kinda lame.

It doesn't feel good to face the situations we put ourselves in but we have to face them. The wonderful thing about being a Follower of Christ is that even though God will not remove the consequences for our actions but His love never ceased toward us and when we have true repentance we learn from our actions and believe it or not if you were not under the arm of God it could be a much worse. I know from time to time I have made some knuckle-headed decisions that has cost me time, money, friendships but knowing that my Lord and Savior has my back is the most important thing in my life because earthly friends are so important but my relationship with God is the MOST important because he looks after me on this earth and when I die He will look after me from this earth.

It's not easy to live God's way and this is why he sent Christ Jesus to die for us because in our own strength we cannot live the Christian way but with prayer and obedience and just taken it one day at a time we can. We will make mistakes because we are not perfect but by living His way we truly learn the being responsible for our actions and when we do make a misstep we can look in the mirror and say, "Okay Lord, what do I need to learn from this" instead of passing the buck like our first Mother and Father did (Adam and Eve)

Have a Blessed, Wonderful day.

~DarrenKeith

Photo: Violent Crashing Waves
By michaelmjc
InterfaceLIFT

No comments:

Post a Comment