Jan 19, 2010

Reflection of Today's Devotion


Today's Devotion: "Never Satisfied But Always Content"
Today's Passage: "Philippians 3:7-14"

"Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,  I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."
~Philippians 3:13(b)-14

The entire passage is on point for me today but the part of the passage above really jumped out at me because I have a hard time doing this in my life. When I stumble in life sometimes I have to realize this is going to happen as long as I keep living and just learn from my mistakes and move on and when I have great accomplishments I tend at times to rest on them instead of being grateful and happy in the moment and learn from that moment and continue on because sometimes what worked today may not have the same results tomorrow.

It's funny how we want a balance life but two things we do not practice on a daily basis being a Follower of Christ Jesus: first, read, study the word of God. (This part I'm really speaking to myself the loudest); second, we must learn to put our priorities in perspective. There is nothing wrong with doing your best, but when hang everything on that, trust me it's never enough...you will always want more. We should be happy when we accomplish a goal or overcome an obstacle but we can't rest on that moment and think, "I've done it all".

Why do I slip back in that frame of mind time and time again. I know from the past that when I do all that I can and let God do all that I can't that I have best day physically, mental, spiritually because I know I put the most important thing first: knowing Christ. When doing that you learn how to love yourself and the people in your life, to have patience, you learn to avoid the pitfalls of life, to receive love, constructive criticism, what to tolerate and what not to tolerate. It's really true, the Bible is the greatest instruction book for your life.

We have to balance in our lives. I've said this so many times, God is not our "Genie in the bottle", in order for God to give us the best we must trust Him with everything and that means being obedient, doing what we need to do ourselves while at the same time knowing where our strength comes from and where our wisdom lies because when we try and do everything on our own it will not work and at the same time when we just set back and do nothing our lives will be filled with regret.

With a balance life comes a fulfilled life.

photo: The Real7
InterfaceLIFT.com

No comments:

Post a Comment