Jan 26, 2007

Devotion & Reflections for the Weekend...January 27-28


Too Busy NOT to Pray>>>more
from In Touch Ministries

I touched on this somewhat yesterday about prioritizing my life and this devotion hits the "nail on the head". It's a must that we put Him first because I'm trying to live by this passage from Proverbs 3:5-6...

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight."

For me in this time in my life, it's a MUST. Just having that quiet time with Him let's me know that life is not going to be fair, people will not like you just because, plans will sometimes fall through but to always look toward our Lord and Savior for comfort, for direction. I have learned from this devotion from Dr. Stanley that if Jesus Christ could pull away when He was busy to go and pray, what excuse do I have?

Sometimes I have to keep reminding myself whenever I go to Him on a regular basis I'm more laid back, less stressed out, I know when to speak, when to listen; things go so much better for me and in return, I'm being obedient to God and I'm a great ambassador for Him and that draws people not close to me but it draws people closer to Him because by showing how I react to different situations in my life in a calm manner it brings Him glory.

Just like exercising, eating right, prayer has to be in our schedule, so much where it becomes "second" nature...where when crises hit we do not panic we do what King David and many of the great prophets in the Bible always did...go to the Lord. We have to have private time for God and ourselves in order to get our "paths" straight.

Be Blessed, Be Safe and Have a Wonderful Weekend.

To hear Dr. Stanley's message for today and previous messages....click here

Prayer for Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Passion For The Lord

"Lord, I pray my children's souls would pant for you as the deer pants for streams of water. "

Psalm 42:1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wisdom

"Father, I pray my children would ask and that you generously give wisdom to them as you promise. "

James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment