Jan 26, 2007

Devotion and Refection for Friday


The Price of Prayerlessness>>>more
from In Touch Ministries

This year I have to make prayer a priority in my life, no question about it because I have been on the go early this year and I feel so discombobulated and I know the reason...my priorities are screwed up. I can make time for everything else and not make time to my Lord and Savior? As a great wise man said..."that's kooky talk"). I have decided, starting today to put prayer before I leave the home and before I go to bed each night. I have to put Him first no doubt about it. Put Him first, obey His word and He will make my road bearable. Notice I did not say "care free". To be honest, this is what grows you and I, strengthen my daily walk with God and to be there for someone that will go through something similar and you can let them know, "God is there for and with you no matter what storm you are going through.

Now this is for the brothers and sisters in Christ and I'm not being bias because lets be real, many atheists and comedians in the media I am noticing think we(Followers of Christ Jesus) are a bunch of "Kooks" anyway because we believe in a "make believe" superior person. Well...this make believe person has been walking with me even before I was walking with Him. He help me through a rough childhood....my stuttering, my being violated as a youth, having a low self-esteem thinking I wasn't good enough for anyone or myself, hatred from my mother, no father or positive male in my life. He sustained me, kept me alive to finally come to Him and to give my life over to Him so I can have ever lasting life. He brought wonder people in my life to let me know I am loved, I am beautiful and wonderfully made. People can not believe and that is their choice because He has giving all of us free will and free choice...but it always come back to me...what we sow, we will surely reap; and think about this, when you plant an apple seed, do you receive only one apple? Something to think about.

Yep, prayer has to be the focus for my life...starting right now. Please take time and read the devotion from Dr. Stanley today, it will give you something to think about.

To hear Dr. Stanley's message for today or previous messages...click here

Have a Blessed, Safe, & Wonderful Friday.

Praying for Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Patience

"God, strengthen my children with all power, so that they may have great endurance and patience. "

Galatians 5:22

No comments:

Post a Comment